Burn it! - At your first burn, ensure the melt pool melts to the edge of the glass before you extinguish, a 0.5-1cm melt pool is ideal. This may take a 1-3 hours. This will ensure your candle does not ‘tunnel’ and leave wax on your glass. Try and do this each time you burn if you can.
Trim the wick - Keep your wick trimmed to 5mm, this will help you get the most out of your soy candle. It will also help with preventing your wick from curling back into the wax or dropping pieces of wick into the wax.
Burn Time - Never burn your candle for more than 3-4 hours at a time. Best to burn at a minimum of 2 hours - this will help prevent tunnelling and ensure a cleaner burn.
Store your candle away from direct sunlight and preferably not in extreme cold conditions, it may change the appearance of the wax.
Wet Spots - Candles may develop 'wet spots' on the glass, usually due to changes in temperature. This is normal and does not effect how the candle performs. It will usually go away after burning for a few hours.
Frosting - This appears like white shading on the candle. This is also caused by changes in temperature and in no way effects how the candle performs.
Remember, all Swik candles and melts are hand poured. Although we do aim to make them as consistent as possible, every candle and melt will be different.
You will need a wax melt/oil burner to use Soy Melts. They can be used in tealight or electric burners
Pop the Soy Melt out of is packaging and place into the top of the burner.
DO NOT add water or oils to the dish. Soy Melts are perfect on their own.
If you want to change fragrances, you can pour the slightly cooled wax back into its packaging. Otherwise, you can keep using the same melt until you can no longer smell the fragrance. Our melts can last anywhere from 20 to 40 hours.
The Soy Melt will not evaporate away like a candle does, it will simply lose its fragrance over time.
Once your wax has hardened completely, if you have a removable dish, another way to remove the wax is to pop the dish in the freezer for a few minutes. The wax will then freely pop out of the dish for you to discard or reuse.