DO NOT BURN OUTSIDE OF A SWIK JAR
For these to work – your jars need to be very clean – particularly at the base where the wick will stick. The old metal wick tab from your previous candle must be removed from the base.
If there is residual wax left in the jar (which there should be as we do advise to leave at least 1cm of wax in the bottom of the jar), this needs to be completely removed and the wick tab at the bottom dislodged and discarded.
- The best way to remove wax is with hot soapy water as soy wax is water soluble. Soak your jar in warm soapy water, wash jar clean.
- If the metal wick tab is still stuck on the jar - soak in boiling water and use a butter knife to dislodge.
- If your wick tab will not budge, you may want to use a hair dryer to blow hot air onto it – this will melt the glue that holds it down.
- Completely dry your jar. Make sure the base of the jar where the new wick will stick is completely dry and clear of wax and glue
Using the refill
- The refills will fit snuggly into the specific Jar it is for – note the size and jar style on the label underneath.
- Peel off the paper from the bottom sticker
- Drop the refill into your clean jar
- Push down firmly to ensure it is stuck to the bottom
Light your candle, following our candle care instructions